Before your procedure:
- During your pre-op appointment you physician will review which medications should be held and for how long.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure.
- You will receive a call from the office the afternoon prior to your procedure to confirm the time of arrival.
After your procedure:
- You will stay overnight in the hospital. Exceptions are loop recorder implants or device battery changes, in which case you will go home a few hours after the procedure.
- All medications will be restarted after the procedure. Specific instructions regarding any blood thinners will be discussed with your discharging doctor regarding timing of when to resume these medication.
- You can shower the day after hospital discharge. You do not need to cover the incision but do not scrub over the area and just pat dry after the shower. NO pool, jacuzzi, sauna, or the like until cleared by the doctor at your 1st follow-up visit (@1week)
- You can drive once your pain is controlled without narcotic medications and you are not limited for typical movement during driving by pain, usually 2-3days post-procedure.
- You can return to work in 2-3days if off narcotic pain medication and if you are not required to do any heavy lifting or severe physical activity/exertion.
- When to return to full activity and exercise:
If you receive instructions different from what was told to your physician or our office (from a pre-op nurse, pharmacist, or other ancillary health care staff) please follow what was told to you by your physician.